“Europe for the Future!”- Conference on the occasion of celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Europe for Citizens programme in Croatia
ECP Croatia is organizing a 2-day event in Zagreb, starting with the conference “Europe for the Future!”
, on the 27th September 2017
, to which all the Croatian beneficiaries from the period 2007-2017 will be invited, as well as the relevant stakeholders, to discuss relevant topics concerning Europe’s future and the possible role of the Europe for Citizens programme in the Europe’s challenges that are ahead.
Therefore, as a part of the Conference, a panel discussion “European Union – community of active and solidary citizens” will be held, with the following speakers:
- Jutta Koenig-Georgiades, DG Migration and Home Affairs, European Commission - Importance and further development of the Europe for Citizens programme
- Vedrana Baričević, Centre for the Study of Ethnicity, Citizenship and Migration -Obstacles on the path to the European citizenship (results of “the bEU citizen” project)
- Nives Ivelja, Association „MI” Split - Volunteer services in times of refugee crisis
- Vesna Teršelič, Documenta - Policies of remembrance and EU identity building
- Toni Vidan, European Economic and Social Committee - The 6th scenario as the answer to the White Paper on the Future of Europe
- Antonija Gladović, Agency for Mobility and EU Programmes - Activities within the European Solidarity Corps initiative in Croatia
Moderator: Viktor Koska
, Government of the Republic of Croatia - Office for Cooperation with NGOs
To deepen the debate and to include all conference participants, a group discussion will be introduced after the panel, and the key conclusions will be presented at the end of the Conference.
On the second day, the Operating grants workshop and informal meeting of the EC, EACEA and ECP’s representatives will be held to conclude our anniversary celebration and to gather information on the mid- term evaluation of the Programme, as well as the state of play of the preparation for the future of the Europe for Citizens programme.